Wednesday, January 12, 2011

.tuesday dudles

Was inspired by life drawing today. We were learning how to use sumi-e ink with brushes. It was way more relaxing than I was expecting and I was happy to feel like I was actually learning something as opposed to just being frustrated with the media.

I love Life Drawing class and am endlessly thankful for the art department for putting it on for us for free every week. It's an incredible learning and humbling experience and really takes us out of our comfort zones. I'm trying to get used to being around artists way more skilled and experienced than myself, and not feeling needlessly intimidated or competitive when we're all there to get better and learn from each other. It's going to take a while to get over that, but it'll be really freeing to not feel compelled to compare myself to others.

Anyway, here's some more crummy doodles. Some from reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment